Balance What Matters and Let Go of the Rest

Friday, June 1, 2012

Allison's Training Schedule


Her: Ok, I am jumping on the workout bandwagon with hubby.  Now that the baby is a year and a half no more excuses.  She is not nursing and she is sleeping through the night so I should be rested up and ready to go.  Since having the baby I ran a half marathon and a 5k mud run but I still have 10 stubborn pounds I really want to say goodbye to.  I’ve got some clothes I would love to fit into and I need to hurry up and lose the weight before they go out of style!
Here is my game plan.  Troy is doing the Tough Mudder July 7th so I will use that as my deadline which gives me a little more than five weeks. I will have to diet and exercise if I hope to see results because that’s 2 pounds a week, yikes!

Food:

Ok, for food I am going to avoid processed stuff like fast food and pre-made foods.  This will help me to make sure that only healthy things are going into my food.  If I have dessert it will be something like a handful of chocolate chips, a small cookie, or yogurt with fruit and honey. I’m going to avoid alcohol (not that I drink much anyway), soda and fruit juice. I’ll limit the amount of high calorie stuff like chips, sour cream, extra cheese (notice I said extra), etc.  And I will be vegetable juicing. My goal for juicing is just to get some vitamin packed goodness. I will not be using it as a meal replacement.

       Meal ideas:
            Breakfast –
                        Scrambled eggs with ham and an apple
                        Scrambled eggs over sauted veggies or
                        Nuts and a piece of fruit
And always a huge cup of water and a cup of coffee with cream and sugar! (Ok, that will be my dessert!)          
            Lunch –
                        Salad with chicken
                        Chicken taco and a side of fruit
                        Veggie patty and salad
                        Soup
                        And always a huge cup of water!
            Dinner –
                        Burrito bowl
                        Whatever everyone else is having minus the rice, bread, etc.
                        And always a huge cup of water!
            Snacks –
                        Veggie juice
                        Ham wrapped asparagus
                        Cottage cheese
                        Does a second cup of coffee count as a snack?  If so, I see that happening on 
                        occasion!

Workout:

Troy and I just joined a gym which we are totally excited about!  So this makes working out so much easier! I love taking classes so I can just show up, workout and not have to think!
            
            Classes:
                        3x a week
So far I’ve tried a Muscle Conditioning and a Boxing/Kick Boxing class but I can’t wait to do more.
They are all one hour classes so I have to cheat a lot just to finish but my goal is to do the three classes fully by the end of this!

            Other:
Hiking: I also hike with a friend/kids some weeks for 2 miles or so and with hubby/kids sometimes.
Walking: Troy and I will walk with the kids around the neighborhood as a recovery workout.
Running: By week three I will add in one day of running for at least 3 miles.
Swimming: Just gonna goof around with the kids.  Nothing too serious.

Ok, that’s the plan.  I will give an update each week to let you know how its going and maybe a few recipes. Anyone in? If so, let me know!  I would love to have some accountability and encouragement!




1 comment:

  1. I'm seriously in on that! I started myself on Sunday this week and feel super good. I'm SO glad you brought this up because the group encouragement will be great! Here's to lots more fruits and vegies, and oh, coffee is fine!

    ReplyDelete