Balance What Matters and Let Go of the Rest

Friday, June 22, 2012

Courage



Her: With a new blog and business, I have been overwhelmed with “putting myself out there”.  For my business I have gone into peoples’ most personal spaces in their homes to organize.  I have helped with DIY projects, sewing projects, garage sales, parties and I just never know how my assistance is being received.  I’ve been complimented and they have called me back for more work which are great signs but it is all a little nerve racking to say the least.  The blog just adds an even bigger wave of fear.  Here I am putting my thoughts and feelings out there for the world to judge.  All the nervousness will build up in a moment of panic and then God reminds me, “I called you to this”.  I don’t know where this blog will lead, if anywhere, I don’t know how my business will grow, if at all.  All I can trust is that I am on this journey with God.

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
2 Timothy 1:7

As God calls us to new, amazing and sometimes nerve racking things we have to remember WHO has called us.  I can look back on other big moments in my life.  Moving (7 times in the 12 years of being married), having each baby, homeschooling.  God has been there. He has seen me through.  He has moved in ways I could have never imagined and the place I am at now was well worth the struggle. We need to find our strength in Him even when we cannot see the path ahead.

            “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.”
1 Corinthians 16:13

Worry tries to sneak in and destroy what He has called us to do.  If we give in to that worry we will be miserable and ineffective for Him.  I love these next two scriptures.  They are from the same conversation from two different books of the Bible.  Two perspectives on the same

 words.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Matthew 6:34 (For more on this read 6:24-34)


Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?”
Luke 12:25-26

I love how Jesus calls adding a single hour to your life a very little thing.

 

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33

God is walking with us.  He is in control.  Have courage to walk the path you are called. Thank you all for journeying with me.  I can’t wait to see what God has in store for each of us!





5 comments:

  1. Hey- I found you on Casey Wiegand's blog! :) My husband had just started his own painting/deck staining business and I GET what you are saying about worry. "Putting yourself out there" can be a very scary thing! It sounds like you are off to a great start and the Lord will bless you for your faith and efforts! Facebook has been a great outlet for him- he also purchased 2 yard signs from vista print and that has been helpful as well. Just two ideas that might be useful! Best of luck- keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement and ideas! I will pray for your husband's business as well. God has an awesome plan for us both!

      Delete
  2. Excellent! I feel the same way about my new job too - being a mom, haha. It's a daily journey to let that worry go, but totally worth it! Love the scriptures, and looking forward to hearing more about your business :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i JUST wrote a post on this, too. thank you for the thoughts. it's so worth the risk. the Lord gives us the words to say. found you via the wiegands and am excited to follow along xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! :) I'm a new follower over here from Casey's blog. Thanks for sharing!

    Digger
    All The Love In The Universe
    www.digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete