Balance What Matters and Let Go of the Rest

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Most Recent Revelation



Her:  In my marriage, like most marriages, we have our ups and downs. Sometimes we function like a well oiled machine and sometimes it's like the engine ceased up with no fix in sight. Being married now for 11+ years I know that we will eventually be back in motion but, in the moment, that's not enough to comfort me. I am overwhelmed with grief and scramble for answers.

I like to work. It is one of my most valuable traits. I hope that lazy will NEVER define me. In a disagreement I also want to work, hence the phrase "work it out", right? I think and talk and try to convince and try to understand, not resting until I have reached resolution (with my husband at least, with everyone else I am a "runner" but that's a topic for another day). This is all fine and well, successful at times, downright annoying for my husband at other times. But none of this actually has anything to do with my revelation.

What I realized that I am missing in those moments or hours, days or weeks is . . . just being nice. So, I may be right and my hubby may be wrong or vice versa (rarely, but it does happen… sometimesJ). But, does it really matter if I am right? Maybe I have asked my husband to do something a number of times. He has agreed he will do it but never actually does. When do I get to be rude and snap at him? Never. And, that's it. Pretty simple but has escaped my knowledge bank until our last engine ceasing moment. Sorry hubby!

Ephesians 4:26a – "In your anger do not sin"

No comments:

Post a Comment