Balance What Matters and Let Go of the Rest

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Delicious Roasted Veggies!

 
Her:  After having my third child I became burdened with symptoms unable to be relieved by modern medicine.  My illness became more and more debilitating and it was overwhelming to think I may never feel good again.  After asking for help from many different physicians without success, I began my own journey to discover ways to heal my body. This led me to eating healthier and I feel amazing!  I am about 90% healed which is awesome.  In the past six years I have discovered a love for all things healthy.  Here is my food strategy: Think about what you are putting into your body, pray about it, take it seriously.  God only gave you one body, treat it well.

So here is one of the healthy and downright delicious recipes that have become a staple in our home.
 
This time I used beets, carrots, rutabaga, red bell peppers and fennel.  But, you can also use potatoes, onions, or any other veggies that sound yummy! 


I diced up the veggies, tossed them in olive oil and minced garlic then laid them out on a cookie sheet.



I then sprinkled the veggies with salt and pepper put them in the oven at 450 degrees for 40 minutes.  I stirred the veggies once at about 20 minutes.  You can broil the veggies for a couple minutes at the end if they still look wet.



 
 
And, ta-dah!  Yummy veggies!  They are great as a side dish or here in a burrito with black beans and cheese!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Love roasted veggies & fennel if one of my favs. Love u health food buddy!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete