Balance What Matters and Let Go of the Rest

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Good Morning and Good Night!


Her: Troy and I set a goal of blogging three times a week.   Lately, life has gotten in the way of documenting life so we resolved to wake up this morning at 6:30 a.m. to produce something creative and exciting for all of you.   Last night after settling into bed about 11:00 p.m., I heard my first feverish kiddo crying in her room.   I got up, gave her medicine and a glass of chocolate milk, then I tucked her in and headed back to bed.   5:00 a.m. rolled around and the next child wandered feverishly into our bed.  5:25 a.m. - she throws up in our bed.   5:30 a.m. - next child woke up from the sound of the bath delirious and needing encouragement to get back to sleep.   5:45 a.m.  - coffee brewing, oatmeal cooking and day begins.  6:25 a.m. – Baby drinks off feverish sister’s sippy cup.  7:30 a.m. - biggest sister gives baby sister a bite off her spoon.   I think you can see where the rest of our week is going!

Just when we were feeling too busy we got a sick kiddo curve ball.  So I figured today I would share a scripture that has been rattling around in my brain all week:

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.   
2 Corinthians 12:9

Today I feel weak and overwhelmed.  But I am letting that all go. This day will be barren of checklist items completed but I will rest in the Lord. So good morning and good night. 

1 comment:

  1. I needed that! Tonight I lost it with my daughter while giving her a bath and wondered HOW I can have the strength NOT to have a volcanic eruption when she incessantly cries when bathing. It's a nightly affair. It's something I can't stand, and I really struggle with an answer on how to absorb the Lord's strengh in order to get through it in peace.

    ReplyDelete